We need your help! Approximately two-thirds of our active clergy are age 50 years or over. In the next 10-15 years, we will see a significant increase in the number of retirees and spouses. To maintain our level of services, we must continue to raise funds. Click the DONATE button below to make your contribution today. All gifts are fully tax deductible and will be added to our corpus.
Since the Civil War era, the Preachers’ Aid Society and Benefit Fund (PASBF) has made it our mission to support retired clergy and their families. Over the years, the way in which we assist retirees and their spouses may have changed, but we have never wavered from our original purpose: Serving Those who Have Served Us.
Currently, PASBF keeps track of approximately 1,500 retirees and spouses in 32 different states. In 2015, PASBF spent over $2 million in over 15 services for our retirees and spouses.
- Medicare Part D Review and Compare
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Free Hearing Test
- Medicare Part D Benefit
- Fall Banquets
- Seminars for Local Churches and Districts
The Open Window for Medicare Part D Plans runs from Oct 15 – Dec 7. We strongly encourage everyone to do a Review and Compare to ensure you are enrolled in the best plan for your situation. If you need additional assistance, please contact PASBF at 217-529-3221 or your local SHIP Office.
1) Want to earn more interest than less than 1%
2) Have money sitting in an account not being used
3) What to support PASBF If you answered Yes to these questions, then check out Charitable Gift Annuities.
PASBF and Amplifon is pleased to announce free hearing tests now through July of 2017. Click for the Gift Certificate and flyer.
Do you have expensive prescription medications? Are you in the donut hole? If you answer YES to one of those questions, click the link below to apply for the Medicare Part D Benefit from PASBF.
It is time for fun, fellowship, and food. Be sure to join us at one of PASBF’s fall banquets.
- Thursday, October 19 – ARMS at West Salem Trinity UMC, Mount Vernon
- Tuesday, October 24 – Conference Center, Springfield
- Thursday, October 26 – Savoy UMC
- Friday, October 27 – Willow Hill UMC, East Peoria
PASBF offers several seminars designed for local churches and districts. For more descriptions of the seminars that are offered, please click here.
- Creating a Church Budget (Ed Weston)
- Understanding Church Finances (Ed Weston)
- Fundraising in the Local Church (Ed Weston)
- Capital Campaigns (Ed Weston)
- Estate Planning (Ed Weston or Keith Anderson)
- Financial Planning (Keith Anderson)
- Retirement Planning (Keith Anderson)